Are you ready for summer?
For most of us SUMMER means time with the family in a hot beach or by a cooling pool! Which also means swimwear... which also means beach body... It's a time of the year that reminds us whether we've been "naughty" or "nice" to our bodies.
If you've been "Nice", great! Stay on track.
If you've been naughty, not to worry. You still have time.
- Drink lots of water : We hear it over and over again, but you'd be surprised what water alone would do for you. Write down your weight on a piece of paper. Now divide it by 2.That's the number of fl.oz. that you should be drinking of water DAILY! There are some fun water bottles out there that mark exactly how much water you have left for the day www.motivationalbottle.com . Water is what you body needs to flush out toxins. Bloated? Drink a lot of water!
- Walk or take the stairs: If you are going somewhere close, drop off those car keys and walk! Going only a few floors up? Take the stairs. A burned calorie is a burned calorie, no matter where it comes from. Energy creates energy. You'll be burning calories while kicking up your metabolism, making you feel better!
- Find a workout buddy : It's so much easier to stay on track with an accountability partner. Remember they need you just as much as you need them. Think of a couple of people and ask them.
- Stay away from Sugar : As genius as your body is, it does not know how to process sugars, so it processes like it would a carbohydrate and it stores it as FAT. Yup! Think about that before biting on that doughnut.
- Wear fitting clothes : Stay away from baggy clothes! Baggy clothes only hide what's real and keeps you in this denial zone. Get out of it! Face where you're at today, embrace it, dress is properly, and begin creating healthy changes. Acceptance is the first step, and arguably the hardest.
- Be Kind to Yourself: All weight loss and weight management program are different. Whichever one you're in, remember to be gracious to yourself. Weight fluctuates. Don't get discouraged. Remember, when it comes to nutrition the goal is to FUEL (not FEED) your body. Your emotional health is just as important to your weight loss/management journey. Avoid stress to the best of your ability as that can hold weight. Pray, meditate. Be good to your body and it will be good to you.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: 1 tbs 3 times a day. Watch how much it assists you in your weight loss/management.
- Coconut Oil: Cook with it. Throw away your Olive Oil, Canola Oil. Also, as weird as it may sound, take 1 tbs morning and night. You can melt it in warm water. It will assist you in you weight loss journey.
- Dandelion Tea: You can drink it or take it in pill form.