As a quick reminder you have an apply body shape when:
- you have no defined waist
- weight tends to form on the stomach
- average to large bust size
To dress successfully for the apple body, you need to direct attention away from your mid riff, and wear clothes to accentuate other parts. For many apples you can do that by creating the illusion of a waist, highlight your cleavage and create nice vertical lines. Vertical lines create a long silhouette.
courtesy of 40plusStyle.com
Keep details on the top and lower third of your body. SO FIRST lN ORDER: GET YOURSELF A GOOD FITTING BRA! Stores like Nordstrom, Victoria's Secret and others have Specialist who can help you get the perfect Fit at no additional cost!
- The best height for tops is just belong your hipbone (when worn with pants)
- Patterns tend to look very good on a apple shape body as they flatter and camouflage.
- Draw attention to your bust and neck (e.g. v-necks, accessories, a decorated neck-line). Tops with a V-neck break up the size of your chest and create a vertical line.
- Tops that highlight your body at the slimmest point which is often just underneath your bust. They should have enough space for your belly but not be too wide.
- Buy t-shirts that are ruched in the middle. This will confuse the eye and you can’t tell that there’s a big tummy underneath.
- Look for tops with a thicker texture that don’t cling so much. Woven tops can be great.
- Tops that draw attention to your arms with e.g. flares, a flit or embroidery will draw attention from your belly.
- Asymmetry in your tops helps to create vertical and slimming lines.
EXERCISE TOP: Words pull attention and different colored sleeves pull attention off midriff.
FEARLESS TANK: Lower neck line and words pull attention.
MANU SWEATER: Asymmetrical, loose and textured.
- Choose tailored jackets that have a nice v shape at the top
- Make sure that the jacket fits the shoulder perfectly, so choose the size for your shoulders, not your belly. If you can’t close the jacket, you can always use a scarf to fill the gap if you like. If the jacket closes at the waist but it's big around shoulders, tailoring it around the shoulder is a must. Contrary to popular belief, tailoring isn't necessarily expensive. Shop around, make a couple calls and you'll amaze yourself!
KOKO LONG COAT: Long silhouette, collar pulls attention.
CHARLOTTE LONG COAT: Long silhouette, collar pulls attention.
- Dresses should have their waistline just below the bust or at your thinnest point.
Avoid dresses and belts that pinch at your waist. This will most likely accentuate curves that you may not wish to show off.
- Choose flared pants over straight-leg or skinny pants, and to help balance out wide shoulders and/or a heavy upper body.
CHECK OUT OUR ACCESSORIES!
We hope this has given you some sort of helpful guidance.
Remember, it's about being HAPPY NOW. We support you on your journey to healthy living and being in the best shape of your life, but we equally support you (and encourage you) in finding happiness and confidence TODAY!
Enjoy the journey! Embrace your Today!